Played: 171 | Download | Duration: 00:24:52
A Baha'is Utterances- Commandments and Guidance
1. Words are the property of everyone
2. Verily I say, the tongue is for mentioning what is good, defile it not with unseemly talk.
3. Purify the tongue from all but his remembrance.
4. The tongue is a smoldering fire.
5. The fire of the tongue devoureth both heart and soul and its effects last a century.
6. The worst human quality and the most great sin is backbiting.
7. Backbiting quencheth the light of the heart.
8. It is particularly important to refrain from making unfavorable remarks or statements concerning the friends and the loved ones of God, inasmuch as any expression of grievance, of complaint or backbiting is incompatible with the requirements of unity and harmony and would dampen the spirit of love, fellowship and nobility.
9. Never allow ourselves to speak one unkind word about another, even though the other be our enemy.
10. Breath not the sins of others.
11. Those, however, who have been trained and educated in the school of God, even when coming to such a pass, are resignation itself, and to the brutal aggressor they are as the living waters of Heaven. They are rivers of pure mercy and peace. Though powerful and well able to defend themselves, they never raise a hand to strike, nor do they open their lips to protest. They confront the others’ taunts and curses with prayers that God will forgive them, and their reply to the wounds of bullet and sword is to offer milk and honey. They kiss the murderer’s hand; as intoxicated lovers, they drain the martyr’s cup.
12. Do not confess your sins to anyone but God, to do so leads to ones humiliation and abasement.
13. Do not speak falsely, speak the truth.
14. Refrain from reprimanding others.
15. Give admonition or advice without burdening the heart of others.
16. Speak to strangers as a friend.
17. Observe silence.
18. Unseal ones lips in praise of others.
19. Praise without distinction.
20. Promote the word of God.
21. Mention God.
22. Proclaim nothing but God.
23. Speak of things that are feasible.
24. Speak no words of politics.
25. Except to speak well of them make no mention of earths kings and worldly governments. Confine thine utterance to speaking the blissful tidings of the Kingdom of God.
26. In meetings speak with courtesy, with the satisfaction and permission of those present, and do it with eloquence and fluency.
27. Speak with justice.
28. The wise are they that do not speak not unless they have a hearing ear.
29. Adduce convincing arguments and proofs. Lead those who thirst to the fountain of life
30. When you find one with capacity, convey to him the fragrances of life.
31. No man can sing that which he understandeth not, nor recount that unto which he can not attain.
32. Speak with humility, kindliness and lowliness. Such speech exerteth influence and educateth the souls.
33. Excess of speech is a deadly poison.
34. When thou art about to begin thine address, turn first to Bahá’u’lláh, and ask for the confirmations of the Holy Spirit, then open thy lips and say whatever is suggested to thy heart; this, however, with the utmost courage, dignity and conviction.
35. Rest assured that the breathings of the Holy Spirit will loosen thy tongue.
36. Supplicate to God, pray to Him and invoke Him at midnight and at dawn. Be humble and submissive to God and chant the verses of thanksgiving at morn and eve, for that He guided thee unto the Manifest Light and showed to thee the straight Path and destined to thee the station of nearness in His wonderful Kingdom
37. Prayer is conversation with God.
38. Higher spiritual truths can be communicated only by means of the spiritual language of the heart.
39. The heart alone can communicate to heart the state of the knower.
40. In our hearts we hear without words, the voice of God.
41. Invoke God with perfect joy and fragrance sing the verses, glorifications and praises of the self-subsistent Lord.
42. O ye sons and daughters of the Kingdom! Thankful, the birds of the spirit seek only to fly in the high heavens and to sing out their songs with wondrous art. But the pitiable earthworms love only to tunnel into the ground, and what a mighty struggle they make to get themselves down into its depths! Even so are the sons of earth
43. Let not your tongue pay lip service to God while your heart be not attuned to the Exalted Summit of Glory.
44. Thou must warble, like the nightingale of significances, in the rose garden so that thou mayest inspire all the birds of the meadow to chant and sing.
45. When the children are ready for bed, let the mother read or sing them the Odes of the Blessed Beauty.
46. Loose thy tongue at all times in gratitude.
47. Sing the praise of God and fellow man.
48. Sing, chant, and celebrate the name of thy Lord.
49. Sing the melodies of realities and significances.
50. Sing the best tunes, the praise and the excellences of the Lord of Names and Attributes.
51. Speak in the language of heaven, which is the language of the spirit and heart.
52. It is the language of the spirit which speaks of God.
53. The heart of man is open to inspiration; this is spiritual communication.
54. My God grant that the bird of love and understanding sing within your heart.
55. The essence of all beings may sing thy praise before the vision of thy grandeur.
56. The Blessed Perfection appeared so that all of humanity my under the shadow of one tree sing one melody.
1. From the depths of your heart manifest complete love and affection towards everyone
2. Do not exalt oneself above others
3. Consider all as equals
4. Prefer all religionist to yourself
5. Praise without distinction
6. View enemies as friends
7. Consider those who wish you evil as the wishers of good
8. Act in a way to free your heart from hatred
9. Let your heart not be offended by anyone
10. Forgive others that had done wrong to you instantly
11. Do not complain of others
12. Refrain from reprimanding others
13. Give admonition or advice without burdening the heart of others
14. Turn all your thoughts towards bringing joy to hearts
15. Beware you offend any heart
16. Assist every weak one
17. Assist the destitute and disposed
18. Be helpful to every indigent one
19. Be the source of consolation to every sad one
20. Be the cause of glorification to every lowly one
21. Be a shelter to those who are overshadowed by fear
22. Vaunt not thyself over the poor
23. Be trustworthy
24. Be sincere
25. Be affectionate
26. Be replete with chastity
27. Be kind to everyone
28. Be honest
29. Do not back bite
30. Observe silence
31. Refrain from idle talk
32. Do not wish for others what you do not wish for yourself
33. Never despise the low state of others
34. Forget your own selves and turn your eyes towards your neighbor
35. Bend your energies to whatever may foster the education of men
36. Show benevolence
37. Show forbearance to one another
38. Do not consider the weakness of the people, but observe the power of attainment of this manifest day
39. Share the truth without, esteeming yourself to be, in the least, superior or possessing greater endowments
40. Avoid dissension
41. Avoid strife
42. Avoid contention
43. Avoid estrangement
44. Avoid apathy
45. Speak not of the sins of others
46. Do not dispute idly
47. Magnify Gods Cause
48. Make mention of God
49. Guard the pearls of Gods mysteries and the gems of His knowledge from the strangers and the ungodly
50. Never allow the censure of the people to turn you away from the truth
51. Show extreme kindliness and good-will when sharing truths with one another
52. Assist the world of humanity as much as possible
53. Tell the rich of the midnight sighing of the poor
54. Strive to knit together the hearts of men
55. Treasure the companionship of the righteous
56. Eschew all fellowship with the ungodly
57. Do not enter the house of others save his pleasure
58. Do not lay hands on another’s treasure save his pleasure
59. Do not prefer ones own will to ones friends
60. Do not seek an advantage over ones friend
61. Wish not the abasement of anyone
62. Divest yourselves of the attire of haughtiness
63. Be not ashamed of abasement
64. Be not disloyal to the true friend
65. Be forbearing one with another
66. Treat each other with honor and respect
67. Distinguish yourselves through deeds that are pure and holy
68. Be content with God and seek no other helper
Played: 257 | Download | Duration: 00:16:22
Played: 196 | Download | Duration: 00:10:59
Played: 155 | Download | Duration: 00:17:12
Played: 120 | Download | Duration: 00:22:30
Played: 123 | Download | Duration: 00:21:09